Manzanar At Dusk 2012 – VIDEO
February 12, 2013
For those who may be unfamiliar with the Manzanar At Dusk program, or have never attended, you are really missing out. The event differs significantly from the Manzanar Pilgrimage, held earlier in the day, in that this event is interactive in nature. Participants from all ages and ethnic backgrounds get to hear stories from those who were unjustly incarcerated in one of the ten American concentration camps, or other confinement sites, during World War II. In small discussion groups, participants also talk about the lessons that can be learned from the Japanese American Incarceration experience, and how they might apply to what’s going on today.
For more on the Manzanar At Dusk program, the following stories will provide further details:
- 41st Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage Highlights the Unfinished Business of the Civil Rights Struggle
- 41st Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: A Letter To Obaa-chan
- 41st Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: Reflecting and Revisiting Living History
- Connections And Common Bonds Are Key At Manzanar At Dusk Program
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage/Manzanar At Dusk 2011 – A Personal Reflection
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage/2011 Manzanar At Dusk: Keeping The Manzanar Story Alive
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: Everyone Has A Story To Tell, But Not Everyone Has A Chance To Tell Their Story
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: The Passage of Time
- 2012 Manzanar Pilgrimage/Manzanar At Dusk: Passing Down The Importance
Manzanar At Dusk 2012
720p high definition available. NOTE: due to logistical challenges, video from small group discussions is not available.
The Manzanar Committee’s Official Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Manzanar Committee Official Blog – Licensing and Copyright Information.