LOS ANGELES — Don’t forget…the 44th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage and the 2013 Manzanar At Dusk programs are coming up this Saturday, April 27, 2013.
The 44th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage begins at 12:00 PM PDT at the Manzanar National Historic Site, located on U.S. Highway 395 in California’s Owens Valley, between the towns of Lone Pine and Independence, approximately 230 miles north of Los Angeles (see map below).
The Manzanar At Dusk program follows that same evening, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, at the Lone Pine High School auditorium, located at 538 South Main Street (U.S. Highway 395), in Lone Pine, nine miles south of the Manzanar National Historic Site, across the street from McDonald’s.
For more information, check out our press releases about the events:
- 44th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage, 2013 Manzanar At Dusk Program, Scheduled For April 27, 2013
- UCLA Kyodo Taiko To Perform At 44th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage
- Karen Korematsu To Speak At 44th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage
- Warren Furutani To Receive 2013 Sue Kunitomi Embrey Legacy Award at 44th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage
- 2013 Manzanar At Dusk: College-Age Youth Taking Charge
See you on Saturday!
Manzanar National Historic Site
Lone Pine High School
The Manzanar Committee’s Official Blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Manzanar Committee Official Blog – Licensing and Copyright Information.